Sunday, September 1, 2013

My first 24 hrs...

-I tried to unpack as much as possible
-Tech guy came to set up my internet access
-A pizza was ordered and delivered to me for dinner b/c I have not had a chance to go food
shopping yet.
-1st visit to my new job!
-local cafe for lunch with colleagues
-unpack some more....wiped out.....foot needs a break


Even though it's Sunday they provided a bus to take some of the teachers to finish up their classrooms. I got to see mine for the 1st time. I took a very quick tour of the school and was shown my room. Again, pleasantly surprised. The school is neat and clean. I already re-arranged the desks and working with what I have. Trying, "Trying" not too stress out. Everyones rooms are almost complete and I haven't even fully unpacked my suitcases yet. I was told the bus is very prompt and leaves when they say it will. Guess, I'm not going to be running those 7 mins late anymore. Everyone is Super nice and I'm slowly meeting people. There are 3 apartment buildings so we are near each other but not exactly "right" next door. 
My New School! 
The students eat lunch here
school grounds
 My new classroom....need to decorate still
 I have the old art room...so I get sinks too...nothing wrong with keeping it clean!
 They said it gets cold in the winter...I guess this is my room heater?
The hallways in the school...reminds me of some museums I've been too.
 Love, love the arches, and lanterns.....
 Outside my classroom door...
 14 students....already changed the set up....digging the breeze with windows Wide open!
 Yes, Alyson, the cabasa made it, as well as the bell from Croatia....
 Olive Trees are my view from the back windows and a small playground
The students change in the back building here for gym
1st night dinner in Morocco was a Pizza Hut delivery...omg...I've Never had Pizza Hut deliver in the US....but you know what? It was delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment