Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Part 2 First Weekend in Essaouira


We shopped and walked around the Medina. I have not been to the Big one near me yet but was told this one is Much calmer and more pleasant to shop because men are not chasing you down for a sale. 
"You never know what doors will open, until you open up yourself" ~Me :) 

With that being said we walked into a shop inquiring about rugs. Next thing you know Lexi is being dressed as a woman of the Sahara. 
AND THEN....we were invited into the back for a little drumming performance. This was awesome! 
One of the girls had a try as well. Hard to hold the giggles back. (Video not loading.....bummer) 


As day falls into night we strolled and enjoyed the sunset and warm breeze.
With only a 2 hr bus ride (nice bus) and $18 round trip....it's worth it to me. How can you keep a Long Island girl away from water?
Solo Fisherman
This was a Super cool place. We had some cold refreshments and listened to live music. A little Bob Marley put a smile on all of our faces :)
http://www.taroscafe.com


"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you are living" ~Bob Marley

Looky what I spied. :)


The boys we met had special tangines made for us. There was fish and vegetables, chicken with raisins and onions and something else that looked like lasagna but wasn't. (had hard boiled eggs)
The food was AMAZING!!! Finally! I felt like I was eating Good Moroccan food!
There were 10 of us and we still couldn't finish it.


The next day I decided to brave it. A camel ride. I can't walk on the sand yet so the man brought the camel to me! He then had it translated that camels don't like their feet on a hard surface so I must be quick. Dear Lord! Now I have to be quick jumping on a 12 foot camel??? I screamed of course going up.....they get up in the strangest of ways and feel like you are going to flip off!!!

This is Yousiff....He is 5 years old and he gave me a safe peaceful ride.
I think I love camels now.

 Time for a nap.


 The guys picked out some more fish from the market and .......

 it was served every which way. There was so much once again, we could not finish.

The view was not great, but the company was fab, (beach on other side) and we had ourselves a great afternoon, talking, laughing, eating, listening, and simply enjoying the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment