Sunday, September 1, 2013

Grocery Shopping, Cab, Bed, oh My!

Part of me still kinda feels like I'm on one of my Smartour vacations, but reality is slowly setting in every time I open the fridge.....there's no Food in it! I walked with a friend to the local market which she already has been to, and the adventure begins....
Here Kitty Kitty....Kitty wants a snack.....there are cats EVERYWHERE...and not too healthy either. :(
The sun setting on the brick buildings....walked at 7:30pm not too hot at all.
 Another nice surprise: Not as crowded as I thought. Well nothing beats India and Vietnam....

 Walking to the grocery store and feeling Totally and Completely Safe!!!!
 This is not colored sand folks....today I just looked...I have never seen that much spice in my life.
 Greg, tell Paula I found the hair dye! I won't come home for Xmas grey after all.
 Uh-oh...Mr. Clean has competition here in Africa.
So, I came home with this, some produce, and a broom.....very over whelming. Not even sure what I bought. It's really shop by pictures and sometimes that was hard. Tomorrow they feed us lunch at school and I heard they give us a spread!!!
Did I tell you I have a full door to the kitchen? With a lock? Back there is a water boiler....hmm
We took a cab home and got a little lost....to my surprise, people really Don't speak English.
I have a lot of French and Arabic to learn.
So I finally go to sit on my bed last night after being SO exhausted and then I hear "Snap, Bang" and I go down 4 inches!!! The freaking bed is laying across what seems to be kindling? And then forgetting, I sat down tonight and hear "Pop, Crash" and go down another 5 inches. I broke the bed!!! I haven't even had any action yet....lol
What's more embarrassing is calling the director to tell them. Omg, ....I told her maybe it was the pizza from last night that She delivered for me! Thankfully she laughed. Someone will be by to fix it while I'm at work. Thoroughly mortified. Perhaps this bed Did get lots of action...and it was on its last rod. Omg, I cant think about that either.
It's September 1st ....10:00pm
Tomorrow I meet the parents and students....while we are working in the classrooms they will come and meet us if they choose. I was told 50% show up. Then meetings all day.
I brought these candle holders from Vietnam and Buddha from India...and have it set up bedside.
Feeling so incredibly lucky to have this opportunity. The administration is so kind and going out of their way to make me feel so comfortable. So far I love Morocco. I really do. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment