Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cheese Me by Made in Marrakech - 1st Night Out


So last night we all went for Italian food at a Great place down the street to celebrate one of the girls birthdays (about 15 of us). Then they all went to a club that had one floor with a DJ and one floor had live jazz band. Because I need to be careful and choose my outings appropriately, I had to say no. Killed me! I Love to dance! Not worth the risk at this point with my ankle. I walked home and counted 9 stray cats. Grrrrrr.....
Tonight we walked to Cheese Me, a local French cafe, again not far from our place. We met other expats there and intermingled finding out what brought them to the city of Marrakech. So interesting to hear all the stories.

The other 4th grade teacher Annie...she's from North Dakota.
We are in a small school. Only 2 teachers per grade level. She has taught 8 years of 4th...1st time teaching abroad as well. We plan together but they allow for us to do our own thing as well. 


Liz, Anu, and Lexi enjoying the free drink!
We ordered the cheese plate, of course. All cheeses come from France...served with French bread...yummy!
He described them all and told us to eat from right to left according to the flavors for our palates.
Walking home....mopeds are big here.
Down the block from our apartments....feeling totally safe! 1st night out and feeling fine. :)
Annie, Erin, Lexi and Anu all teachers at the school. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/12/2013

    Oh man, I hope you got to dance since then! ~Christy

    ReplyDelete