Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Birthdays, Lunch Duty, Ummmm....what do I do?

Lily from Germany turned 9 today and her mother asked if she could bring a cake. Before I could find out the answer I said yes. While the school is fantastic and supportive to all of us, it does not have a policy and procedure manual that I know of. The mother made this Beautiful homemade cake and ran around looking for a lighter to actually light the candle!!! Ummmm....ok, I guess I'll just make sure no one gets hurt. All was great and the kids sang Happy Birthday in FOUR languages! French, Arabic, English, and a few knew Berber (native language still used by the people of the mountains).

I did video it, but will have to learn how to upload it properly....not working here.

 Since the children bring their own lunch, there seems to be a "microwave lady" who heats up all the ones that need it. Gee, I would not want to be standing in that room!

Once a week you have lunch duty. Today I was in the Portico. Btw, Never even used that word in my life, lol. The kids eat and walk around. Then they have recess. They can play soccer or go to the playground. My girl students just wanted to hang with me.....so Cute! So of course I took pics!
 Uma is a doll! And loves to have her picture taken! Can you tell?
This is where the kids play soccer. Mostly boys....but you must where a hat!
Sweet, Sweet Salma.....soft spoken and shy, but so willing to help me understand all the rules at the school. :)
They created this pose themselves...Hammy Bunch I have! Lol
Next week we do bench marking....curious to see their levels. While I can tell they are not 'that' high they definitely know a Lot of vocabulary for kids who are trilingual.
Still having trouble getting up in the morning....well let's face it....I always have trouble getting up. The only thing here is, the bus will leave with out you! So somehow I managed to be on time. Tomorrow my goal is to get fresh bread Before I get on the bus at the local store. It costs like 20 cents!
~Until tomorrow




No comments:

Post a Comment