Monday, September 2, 2013

Meeting the Parents, the Students, more School Pics

Time already to meet the parents and students! The reason I'm here! We were to be in our classrooms all morning for the parents and students to float in & out to meet the teacher! Me! Ah!
Today was a great day but at times VERY frustrating. While the other teachers are almost finished setting up, I'm still looking through boxes, dusting things off, and finding my way. I was only able to just print my schedule and had difficulty doing so. The computers are set up in French! You can't really look at the keyboard (which I sometimes do) and there are stickers indicating English symbols that are rubbing off. With the good, comes the bad. There are no printers in the classroom and there is a copy center that is used for copying done by young teenage boys who speak Arabic! WTH? My Arabic is horrible. I don't speak a lick and the written language looks like beautiful scribble. Time to learn.

On the bright side....I love my classroom and with the rays peering in, it reminds me each day is a sunny new start! There are NO screens on these windows...I was told it Rarely is cloudy or rains. My kind of weather!

Obsessed with the outside hallways...
 Library....Took out First Day Jitters...one of my favs

 Can you spy with your little eye the pic of the Prince?
 Assembly Hall
 Sometimes we find things that teachers leave behind in a classroom....this is what I found in a drawer.
 Entrance to building
 Yup, the Prince. Bonnie, you are in charge of me meeting him before I leave. You have just shy of 2 years! lol
 Scope and Sequence ALL planned for us!!! AND you can do it anyway you want! Imagine that, its not that familiar document that never seemed to have gotten in our hands and complete.
Yeah, something familiar....tomorrow we shall start with Respect.
Assembly Hall
 We had to hand in a letter for approval that will go home to parents. (Just writing about who you are)
Today I met 7 out of my 14 students and their parents. OMG, they are SO cute!!!! I had a little trouble with the names and needed to repeat it a few times. I have families from all over the world! South Africa, Syria, Germany, Australia, England. So exciting...the accents, the inter-mixing of cultures, ...something about it is just so dynamic and interesting to me.
 Quick stop near my apartment for water.
 And chips of course.

 Oh, forgot to mention there is a prison across the street. No one goes in or out. No cab drivers even know what we are talking about if we forget the name of our place. Weird. I stopped to take a quick pic and my security guard told me Not to take a pic (using sign language). I quickly put my camera away.
 Entrance to my apartment....with my security guard all of 110 pounds holding all my water bottles. I think he felt sorry for me with my cane! lol
Entrance and opening to courtyard on other side.
Tomorrow is the 1st day of teaching in Marrakech, Morocco and it will be magical and hot. lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment