Monday, September 16, 2013

"NOT" A Fun Friday! :(

It's the end of the 2nd week and I STILL feel so tired! That makes me kind of upset because I usually have a good energy flow. I feel like showing up 10 days late will haunt me forever! It's been non stop since I arrived! STILL trying to unpack and get my apartment straightened out. The bed broke again! And after a long day on Friday I decided to attempt wash for the 1st time. There are no dryers here. The African sun on our balconies will do the job with a rack they have provided, so it's just this tiny washer.
After a colleague came down and explained it I thought all was a go.
Nope! When I went to check on it, suds were pouring out the door!
Geeezzzz....really???
My small wash room was now getting flooded. I grabbed what looked like an over sized squeegy from the car wash and began to push the water down the drain in the corner. Seriously?
After another phone call to administration (we have all their cell numbers and can call whenever we need something) she said someone will be over shortly with another washing machine.
Grrrrr....
I also learned I put the soap in the wrong dispenser and my stuff came out all sudsy.
Double Grrrr.....
We all made plans for a beach weekend to Essauoria a hot tourist spot, and was running out of sunlight for drying time! Ahhhh!!!!

I went to a really cool cafe for dinner and got some "real" food. By that I mean food that makes me feel like I'm home. A good salad and yummy burger and fries. It is Crazy how different foods can just make you "feel" different. I never thought I was a picky eater.
Until....I can't find what I want.

The story goes that the girl who owns the cafe used to work for The American School of Marrakech as a teacher and married a Moroccan. Now she lives here and makes yummy food where the expats can hang out. There is quiz night on Monday nights and it sorta has a Starbucks vibe. (Have not had time to go to quiz night but will get there soon)  https://www.facebook.com/Cafedulivre

So its PT time and I got lost walking to the PT place from the cafe. Which little block was it?
UGH....again!
Trying not to look so touristy as I walk up and down the same stupid block with a purple backpack on obviously with a puzzled look on my face.
The worst part was I left the map I had hand drawn for me by my assistant home! (along with the business card!!!) and therefore could not really ask anyone nor make a phone call.
Helpless, hot, ankle blowing up and lost. Blah!!!

OMG, I finally did a whole bunch of sign language to a man in one of the shops and figured it out.
I arrive and apologize in more sign language.
I go to the same little room behind the curtain and begin to take off my shoes.
They close the curtain.
The same small child is there from last week crying. He gets PT and probably not more than 18 months old. Now I'm hearing this kid cry and cry and cry.
I understand it probably is uncomfortable but the cries turn to whales!!! And then he could not catch his breath!!! WTH???
Was this normal? It sure didn't sound it.
It continued for amount 5 more minutes....which felt like forever.
I could not take it! This poor baby!!! What were they doing?
The stupid MASH curtain was all that was in front of me.
Before I knew it, I gathered my belongings and did Not even put my sock back on!
I drew open the curtain and looked at the therapist and family, pointed to the baby, shook my finger, (more sign language) pointed to my ear and made a sad face. I said I can't take this....it's too upsetting.
And I walked out!!!!!
I walked out and walked to the corner for a cab home.
Did I really just walk out of PT? Was I being too sensitive? Are babies supposed to cry that hard?
I will deal with it on Monday.
Time to pack for my first weekend get away. My first check on the map in another city of Morocco.
Let the good times roll.




2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I wonder how long until you can look at these and laugh at them? lol I'm loving the stories if it makes them any better.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...are you kidding? I laugh as I write them!!!!
    My life is like some weird show....constantly being tested and put in weird situations. I'm probably being filmed. lmao.

    ReplyDelete