Saturday, August 31, 2013

I Made it to Marrakech!!!

Yeah! I can't believe I'm actually here! It looks better than the pictures!
To my surprise the trip was rather simple. I had wheelchair service from JFK to Casablanca and then to Marrakech so I did not have to lift a finger. It was somewhat embarrassing being wheeled through the airport but got through the fastest I've ever gotten through an airport and I just wasn't up for any more drama. 
After I landed there was someone waiting for me with a car. I was taken to my apartment and immediately began to unpack. The others have been here 10 days already....nothing like trying to play catch up and still not bare too much weight on one foot. These are pictures of the apartment as soon as I walked in. Again, pleasantly surprised and can't wait to add my own Moroccan flair. 
Total luggage weight 275....for 2 years.....ain't too shabby. Those puppies were Packed!
From my balcony
And I have 2 sliding glass doors to a huge balcony
Bring on the sunshine and a cold beverage! 
I love the details in the ceiling.
Received my welcome packet, some spending money and a new phone (but an old style) lol
 Bedroom

Bedroom closets

 Yup, that's a coolie washer...1st time for everything. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Can't wait to see it furnished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will def buy a few more things to make it look "homey"....cant wait for visitors! Wink, wink :)

      Delete