Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1 Week Left in the US!



I feel butterflies in my stomach today....I rarely get butterflies.

Emotions are running high now. As if it wasn't stressful enough moving abroad, then having ankle and foot surgery, and Then having not recovered as quickly as I had hoped is very overwhelming. For those that know me well, I'm far from a "sit down gal" so it's been a tough summer. I did as the docs and PT told me to and unfortunately still in pain. For now, I'm pressing on and will just hope and pray and perhaps drink some 'jungle juice' when I get there, and see what happens. 

A Huge yoga saying I used to hear over and over while practicing Bikram sticks in my mind...

“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” by Mahatma Ghandi


Sometimes we take for granted being healthy and having our bodies function the way we want them to. I know I did. Perhaps all the races I've done over the years has caught up with me....perhaps it's time to slow down and look around. Really look around. 

Icing time is done. Back to packing. 7 days until Morocco....being Mindful in Morocco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment