Saturday, August 10, 2013


7-15-13

First trip to Storage Unit....OK, this is feeling real now. AHHH!!!!!




7-21-13

30 day countdown has begun. This entry is being written on a steamy, sticky, summer evening on my deck. I’ve got my Xmas lights lit under the umbrella which offers pretty, warm light, and until a moment ago it was quiet. Fireworks still being lit off well past the 4th of July. Hmmm...where will I be next 4th ofJuly? Will I even see fireworks? 
I have gotten a lot done, but feel like there is so much more to do. How does one truly prepare for such a move? I never went away to college, so this will be the longest I’ve been away from home. 4 suitcases...thats all I’m taking.
Packing, cleaning, purging, donating, packing, cleaning, purging, donating. The process itself is surprisedly cleansing. I’m really forced to take a look at what do I Need.  What are the things I’m keeping just because? Things would be going a little bit faster but I’m now told to take more time off my feet elevating and icing as per my Physical Therapists. Edema has set into my ankle and that’s not the direction I want to go. As hard as it is, I’m resting during the day as needed and has allowed me to start my blog. :) 
So many people have asked the most natural question “What made you want to do this?” The same question was even asked during my interviews, which I anticipated. The answer is very easy other than the obvious ‘why not?’ I have been traveling to other countries for almost 20 years now. My first trip abroad at age 23 and spent my 24th birthday in Amsterdam while back packing with friends. Since then I have been lucky enough to experience over 20 countries and fell more in love with the experience of culture, music, food, customs, flora, meeting new people, and the sense of adventure. I can’t think of anything else that makes you feel more alive than being in a place you have never even imagine existed and then, there you are...you just needed a plane ticket to get there. 


1 comment:

  1. *If anyone has tips on Blogger, I'd love learn from you!

    ReplyDelete