Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gifts from the Heart~

It's snack time: "Ms. Viviel would you like some grapes from our farm?"
Uhhhhh.....sure!!!  :)

The family owns a farm, and we will probably go there on one of our field trips in May. Can't wait!

They were so fresh and delicious! <3

Two reasons this writing is special:
It was written on my birthday and Most importantly.....after teaching less than 3 weeks this little girl grasped my personal philosophy!!!
"She takes things slow until we Understand".....I love it!
What IS the point of teaching without the kids understanding? Made me feel good. Made me feel like even though I don't have all the supplies I may have in the states....that should not change the Way I teach. Yes, while at times it is more difficult here because of lack of resources, in my heart of hearts, the True joy of teaching comes with children understanding. And to have this message affirmed less than 3 weeks into the school year by a student, I knew I was going to be ok. And it's Not the material......its the Delivery. <3

 "Ms. Viviel I brought you in some Moroccan Pastries that me and my mom made over the weekend"
                                                 This just brightened my day, no doubt! <3

 "Ms. Viviel, I brought a present in for you".....out of his backpack comes the Eiffel Tower. I smiled and was a little puzzled. (this is a Moroccan student) "So you have been there?" I asked. "Many times" he says. "Boys and girls, how many people have been to the Eiffel Tower?".....More than 1/2 the class raised there hand. smh
This is now added to the collection of cool teacher gifts. <3

One of my favorite students (yes, it's true, teachers have favorites.....inevitable)
Came in and first thing in the morning handed me this postcard.
Uggg!!!! I wanted to hug and kiss him! As I teared up.
He said he wanted to write this all by himself to me. <3

 Lukey Luke, my Godson who loves crafts is showing me the loom bracelets that he is now doing via our weekly Skype.
 "Aunt Nina, do they have paper there?" "What do the kids write on?"
 "Aunt Nina, your dog is being bad and pooped on the floor!".....Thanks for the positive report boys.
"Wanna see my pumpkin?"
Guess it's Pumpkin Picking Time!!! Very strange not to be there for fall.

 Brett is excited....as usual.
Brett being a lil stinker.....as usual.
Gosh I miss them!!! <3
My good friend Paula is putting them on and off the bus and helping them after school. Feeling grateful they are in good hands.

My friend from the souk. During one of our first conversations he told me he played the guitar.
Well, naturally I wanted to hear him.
He invited me and my friends to the shop after it was closed and served tea as we listened to him play and sing in French. <3

Go Liz, Go Liz!

And apparently my friend Liz knows how to play.
Gee, I don't speak any other languages, I can't play an instrument, and can just barely carry a tune. lol

I love talented people....
Soaking in all the culture and talent Morocco has to offer!!!!
<3






No comments:

Post a Comment