Sunday, October 27, 2013

Birthdays and Assembly Like No Other

I'm still getting used to elementary birthday celebrations here. I have had 3, and each seems to top the next. Homemade amazing cupcakes, and cakes being delivered. What surprises me the most is the candle lighting by the parents. I'm all nervous....but when I look around the room everyone is acting like it's nothing. Funny how we get so conditioned in a particular setting.


I think this was a horn or tusk on the cake. lol

The boys are VERY into soccer here....I better brush up on the teams.....or not. :)
They wear their full uniforms to school.


Today was a special assembly for grades K-5th grade. We celebrated United Nations Day. Between staff and teachers, we represent over 30 countries. Certain students were selected from each class to create a presentation (1 or 2 minutes) about their country. This was done completely on their own at home (well I’m quite sure their parents helped them). I had 3 students participate: one from Switzerland, one from England, and one from Scotland. 







Close up of Moroccan Kaftan....I think it's absolutely beautiful.

This assembly was done so nicely and I think everyone left feeling a little bit closer in spite of knowing  how far across the globe we all come from.
This girl is from New York!!!!       New York in the house....whoop, whoop!






It's a small world after all~

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/12/2013

    Glad to read about foot healing and that road getting easier and so cute with the kids!! OMG wow! Our kids here are soooo sheltered! Amazing...I'm trying to figure out a lesson where my students can read your blog and answer questions..love it!~Christy

    ReplyDelete