Sunday, November 3, 2013

A walk to the Ensemble Artisanal

 Last Saturday I took a walk to the Ensemble Artisanal. 
About a 20-25 minute walk. 

This government-run complex of small arts and crafts shops hold a reasonable range of goods, notably  leather, textiles, and carpets.  

 Shopping here is hassle-free and supposedly fixed (though you can haggle here too). Here is where I got my name painted in Arabic.













This is the piece I bought and the artist who did it. 




 At the back you can see people actually weaving carpet and if I paid them some Dirham they would have let me take a picture. (getting tired of that) 

 The special mud used in the hammams.

 DSW Moroccan style…..



 More woven bags than even I know what to do with. 
Nice Saturday spent walking around the neighborhood. 

1 comment: